Administrative Services Department
The Administrative Services Department consists of the Administrative Services Director/City Clerk, Recreation and Events Coordinator, Deputy City Clerk/HR Technician, Facilities Maintenance and Secretary/Admin positions.
The Department includes Human Resources- and Risk Management-related functions such as recruitment, selection, classification, salary administration, worker's compensation, general liability and property insurance, and other related programs. It further includes the statutory responsibility of City Clerk including maintenance of official records, service as the city elections official and liaison between members of the City Council and the public.
The Administrative Services Department oversees the Recreation and Events Division, community outreach efforts and provides information on City projects, programs and City-related matters via the media and City website.
Administrative Services also oversees the City's real estate and property management division, including maintaining City-owned facilities.
Administrative Services Department Mission Statement
In support of the mission of the City of Clearlake, Administrative Services is committed to maintaining the transparent, effective and efficient operation and stewardship of City resources and facilities, and ensuring public trust and civic engagement by supporting the City's legislative process in an open, accurate and timely manner. All members of the Department will operate from a customer-oriented and service-based perspective, which is delivered consistently with quality, excellence, professionalism and integrity through the following Values:
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions
- Attention to Detail: Giving the time and care necessary to complete the realization of our mission
- Commitment: Transforming a promise into reality
- Communication: Dealing with each other in a sincere and straightforward manner
- Consistency: Acting in a professional manner in concert with our words and beliefs
- Innovation and Creativity: Being inventors of dreams, accepting no traditional boundaries
- Impartiality: Coordinate municipal elections in a non-partisan manner, obeying all local, state and federal laws
- Open and Effective Communication: Sharing our Vision with the community
- Partnerships: Leveraging ideas, sharing resources and building trust outside the walls of City Hall
- Respect: Treat all with the same fairness, compassion and dignity